The revitalisation of Union Court will combine the best elements of existing campus life and bring a new learning, cultural, physical and social experience in a village setting.
The University has been working with the community on the revitalisation plan since 2014. During this time, more than 1,400 students, academic and professional staff and members of the community have shared their views.
More than 23,500 comments were received and this feedback has been used to develop plans for a bold new heart for ANU.
The revitalised precinct will feature:
• flexible state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities
• environmentally sustainable student accommodation
• new health and recreational facilities including a 25-metre pool
• an events centre with large and small auditoriums, a new cinema for the ANU Film Club and a student theatre
• food, café and retail services with extended hours, including a student bar
• a centralised student services hub and a building for student groups and societies
• underground parking.
With the revitalised Union Court precinct scheduled to be up and running by 2019, demolition has already begun.
During construction, the community has been getting a taste of things to come with the ANU Pop-Up Reunion Village.
The Pop-Up features extended opening hours, expanded food options including four food trucks, a bar and new events space and gallery, making it a hot spot of activity for the University.